The Cabinet Secretary of Education, CS Fred Matiangi has published a report on the standards of education in Kenyan Universities. The report ranks some of the top preferred graduates by employers according to University.
In the list you will get to know which university graduates are likely to be employed or get jobs.
Criteria used for Rankings
The rankings below are based on an audit report released by the ministry of education. The full report has been published in Kenya’s top education website www.kenyayote.com.
The report also shows that most employers in Kenya would love to employ students who graduate from private universities.
Best private and public universities in Kenya according to employer graduate preference, 2017
- University of Nairobi-84% graduate ranking by employers
- Strathmore University-78% graduate ranking by employers
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology -63% graduate ranking by employers
- Daystar University-57% graduate ranking by employers
- Moi University-45% graduate ranking by employers
- United States International University
- Egerton University-19% graduate ranking by employers
- Kenya Methodist University-17% graduate ranking by employers in Kenya
- Mount Kenya University (MKU)-13%
- University of Easter Africa-graduate ranking by employers in Kenya
- Baraton University-7%
- Maseno University-6.3 % -graduate ranking by employers in Kenya
- African Nazarene University-5%
- Masinde Muliro University-3.8%-graduate ranking by employers in Kenya
NOTE: The percentage above shows the job preference in ranking by employers.
Do not miss our update on why most employers in Nairobi, Kenya prefer graduates from Private universities in Kenya 2017!