Aliexpress products shipping to USA: Aliexpress is a sister company of Alibaba. The difference between the two is that Alibaba.com sells products in wholesale to manufacturers, trading companies or re-sellers while Aliexpress.com is a retail marketplace that sells products to buyers or individual. Aliexpress is more of an online supermarket.
Aliexpress is the largest eCommerce website in China. It connects millions of buyers and sellers across globe.
Why should you buy products from Aliexpress and not Amazon in the USA
COST: Aliexpress has a wide range of products going at a cheaper price compared to Amazon. And is ranked as the best eCommerce site to buy electronics at a friendly price.
Step by Step guide on how to shop from Aliexpress in the USA
- Visit: Aliexpress.com and register your account
- After registration, go to “My AliExpress” to enter your shipping address.
- Search for any product that impresses you. Make sure that you look at the sellers and products rating, review to get the best product (Check below on buying precautions)
- Double check to ensure you have selected the right products (Color, size, model, version e.t.c)
- Place the order (Check below for best shipping methods to the US)
- Pay for your product (To pay for your order on AliExpress, check payment method below)
Tracking your Shipped products from Aliexpress: Once you have placed an order for your product, Aliexpress will email you a ‘tracking number” which will help you track the progress of shipment.
Best Aliexpress shipping methods to the USA
- EMS (Delivers in 5-10 days to the US ) with Less than 30kg product
- DHL (Delivers in 3-7 days to the US) No limit in product weight
- UPS (Delivers in 3-7 days to the US) No limit in product weight
- FedEx (Delivers in 3-7 days to the US) No limit in product weight
- TNT (Delivers in 3-7 days to the US) No limit in product weight
NOTE: Since the shipping methods at Aliexpress.com are set up by the suppliers, you are advised to directly contact the supplier/seller for more shipping information.
Payment methods at Aliexpress for US Buyers
Aliexpress offers different payment methods. For American buyers choose any method that best suits you.
- Master Card
- Bank Transfer
- Western Union
Your payment is secured by Veridign SSL. Aliexpress also says that your payment will be kept secure and will only be released to the supplier when you confirm satisfactory receipt of your order. So we can conclude that it is safe to use Credit and debit card with aliexpress.
Precautions and Important things to Note before importing your product from Aliexpress
As much as Aliexpress is a better shopping website than ebay.com and Amazon.com. It has its own challenges that you have to be aware of to avoid being a victim. Here are some tips to help you avoid losing your hard earned money;
- Seller Reputation: Always buy items from sellers with positive feedback. Sellers who care about their reputation will not sell bad products to their customers. Good sellers also have a good rating and high number of sells.
- Product Description: Kindly Ensure that you check all details about the item. Don’t be deceived by photos alone. Look at the features, specifications, compatibility, size, version, color, model, manufactures for originality, guarantees and brands.
- Communication: Before you buy any product from aliexpress, communicate with the seller via chat message and clear any doubts that you might have about the product.
- Shipping: Always take note of shopping details. Chose trusted shipping methods like DHL to avoid receiving damaged products. I encourage you not to pick free shipping method as it will take longer to receive your product.
- Import Duties, Taxes or Custom: Orders may need to clear customs for some countries. Please check if your order will incur additional import duties, taxes or other customs related charges before you place an order. You can as well ask the seller to send it as a gift if it is below $75 to avoid any import duty charges.
- Buyer Protection: before buying, ensure that the item/product is covered under buyer protection.
PAYMENT WORRIES: You do not need to worry about your money once you have placed an order at Aliexpress. You will not be scammed. Your payment will be held by Aliexpress and will only be released to the seller once you have received your product. If you don’t receive the product AliExpress can refund you without any difficulties. But before buying, ensure that the item/product is covered under buyer protection as stated above.
You can now avoid drop shipping methods and buy your product directly from Aliexpress from USA.
Official Aliexpress USA contact phone number: CHAT HERE
Drop your comment on your experience of shipping from Alibaba or express
Do not miss our comprehensive update on the benefits of directly Shopping from Aliexpress from the USA for your warehouse 2017!